drop action, action bracket screw removal

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Fri, 09 Oct 1998 15:07:38 -0400

I was working on a Hamilton spinet today.  I needed to remove the
drop-action.  Well...I couldn't budge any of the bracket screws that
attached the bracket to the paino.

Often, these screws are tough to get out, but I could not get even the
slightest bit of movement on any of the screws.

I tried liquid wrench...no help.

I did not have s socket wrench with me, justs screwdrivers and a
crescent wrench.  I didn't try too hard with the wrench, for fear of
damaging the screw head.

I've never had this problem before....and I take lots of drop-actions
out of pianos.  Any other ideas other than drilling?
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member