Bush and Gerts transposer

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 16:30:18 -0600

Hi,
	Anyone familiar with an 1890's Bush and Gerts transposing upright? It's
got a 92-note action, and a 92-note scale. Shifts to the left, with all the
extra stuff at the breaks. No key capstains: there are dowel-type
upside-down capstains on the bottom of the stickers. Typical WN&G action,
otherwise, with the sticker flange rail on the front (nearside) of the
action, instead of the rear. Probably weighs forty pounds. I'm guessing
that I have to tune the notes at the break to the same pitch.... I think.
Can't tell now, it's a step-and-a-half down, not counting the transpose!
	Almost every day, something new pops up. What fun.

Thanks for any feedback, especially about the mechanism that facilitated
the shift. (this one is missing)

Guy Nichols