(no subject)

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 20:45:58 -0400

IgorKatz2U@AOL.COM wrote:

> I was called to work on a Wurlitzer grand by Samick G-411 the other day and I
> immediately recognized the piano as one I had worked on 3 years before.  The
> customer has had various tuners work on it over the years.  Three years ago
> all 88 of the hammers were blocking against the strings.  I set the let off on
> all 88 just to get it tunable and so the tolerances weren't that close.  When
> I came back to the piano a couple days ago all 88 hammers were blocking again
> against the strings.  All the action parts seemed tight including the let off
> rails.  The glide bolts seemed tight so I don't think they raised up.  The let
> off pads didn't seem excessively fluffy so I don't think they settled that
> much.   The action barely fits under the pinblock.  The hammers get pressed
> tightly against the repetitions when you slide the action in.  Does anyone
> have any ideas as to what might be causing this condition?  Thanks.
>
> David Porter R.P.T.
> St. Louis, MO

Yes Sir. There was a post on this recently.

The action brackets are probably growing in size.  This is for real!!!

I have a Weber in the shop with the same problem.  The action brackets
are used on Weber, Young Chaing or Sammick, and Wurlitzer...all made by
the same company.

My job is being paid by Weber as warranty work.  Unfortunately, it turns
out that the action needed more than just a change in action brackets
and let-off / drop adjustment. I've had to adjust lots more.

Yes, I compared the new action brackets to the old action brackets...the
old ones are indeed taller than the new brackets. Weird beyond belief.

If you have any questions, e-mail me directly.
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member