2 pedal Yamaha

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:08:50 -0700

Dave and list...YAMAHA never imported ANY grand pianos with two pedals.  So if it has two pedals, it IS a 'gray market' piano.  How much that matters depends in part whether it can survive in our more controlled climate. Air conditioning and central heating are rare in the tropics, and can be problematic for these not-for-export pianos. Any piano which has lived many years in a tropical environment, will likely have some difficulty adapting to a significant change, and can result in some nasty problems.  Yamaha does season for destination, and it does matter.  Encourage your customer to call Yamaha for more thorough answers to this subject.
Steve Pearson
Yamaha
800/854-1569
>>> david severance <severanc@mail.wsu.edu> 10/13 9:41 AM >>>

List

One of my customers has ask my opinion concerning the purchase of a 2 pedal
Yamaha G series grand that a dealer is offering her at a very attractive
price.  I told her that I thought they were used pianos imported here by
individuals that were originally sold to the over
seas market. I haven't heard positive comments regarding these pianos but I
haven't personally seen any of them and would appreciate comments from other
techs who have.  Thanks.

Dave Severance
Dept. of Music and Theater Arts
Washington State University