Birdcage, more

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:58:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/14/98 7:48:54 AM, tito@peganet.com wrote:

<<rather it was one of possible structural damage caused by
the *sudden* addition of torque, tension, and pressure..

..i treated this one very conservatively..and the customer is happy I did,
since
this is his "baby"..it feels like I did this one right..did I?>>

Phil;
 You did approach this challenge 'very' conservatively....but that is not
needfully wrong if both you and your customer are happy with the approach.  As
for the piano though, you could have gone ahead with your regular pitch raise
procedure without worry of "structural damage" due to tuning.  Using the
conservative approach will never cost you anything but time.
Jim Bryant (FL)