Hearing Protectors

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:38:52 +0000

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Why isn't anyone concerned about the students
> spending hours each day in milk curdling noise levels?

They are.  Many faculty are complaining about this very thing.  This is
a brand new building and the acoustician made all the rooms very live.
This is probably because the general consensus is that it is easier to
kill tone than create it and the old building had a dead recital hall
everyone hated.  Hundreds of thousands can be spent to create the tone
and now fortunes more to take it away.--oh well, I didn't design it.