2 pedal Yamaha comments from abcpiano

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 06:50:23 -0400

Dear Bill:

I have a client who just purchased one of these imported used pianos,
reportedly about 35 years old.  I haven't examined it yet, but at a
casual glance it looked OK.  Should I recommend the installation of a
complete Dampp-Chaser system?  Or would it need only the dehumidifier
elements so it doesn't get too damp?  Or nothing at all?  Here in
southeast Pennsylvania the indoor humidity is typically 25% in the
winter and up to 85% in the summer (somwhat less in air conditioned
houses).

Clyde Hollinger