Tuning

YouthPage8@aol.com YouthPage8@aol.com
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 14:33:48 EDT

As I said in my earlier post, I have only been tuning for a short time.
During this time I have always spent a few moments listening to the intervals
in the temperament octave to find out how out of tune the piano is.  However,
I am beginning to think that this is a complete waste of time.  I would like
to know what the voice of experience says- What do you listen to in the piano
and for that matter, what do you look for in the piano before you strip it off
and start tuning?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hoover