One Day Technical Seminar, St. Louis, November 14, 1998

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:34:43 -0500

Please mark your calendar for an upcoming one day technical seminar in St.
Louis.

Featuring:

Alan Vincent, RPT
Geneva Internatioinal - Petroff Pianos

Action Touch Weight Basics
Grand Piano Tear Down
Plate and Action Relationships

AND

Paul Revenko-Jones, RPT
Chicago Chapter

Termination Points

Saturday, November 14, 1998
Sheraton Westport Lakeside Chalet

Schedule:
8:00 am - 9:00 am  Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 am - 10:30 am  Action Touch Weight Basics
10:45 am - 12:15 pm   Plate and Action Relationships
12:15 pm to 1:30 pm  Lunch
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm  Termination Points
3:15 pm - 4:45 pm  Grand Piano Tear Down

Registration Fees:
St. Louis Chapter Members  $25.00
Other PTG Members  $30.00
Non PTG Members  $60.00
(Non Members will get a $30.00 credit towards filling out a PTG application)
Registration Fee includes Continental Breakfast and Lunch
Deadline for Registration is November 10, 1998
For Questions Call:  WIllem Blees, RPT, Seminar Chairman, 314-962-5774

Folks, I am looking forward to this seminar.  Alan Vincent and Paul
Revenko-Jones are leaders in our field, and the information will be worth
much more than the small fee for registration.  In fact, I am surprised at
how low the fee is!  I regularly get mailings from business consultants and
computer training organizations who travel around teaching seminars, and
the average cost is anywhere from $100.00 to $195.00 for the classes.
Folks, this is only $30.00 plus travel.  You can't beat that!

Alan Vincent is the Head Technician for Geneva International and Petroff
Pianos in the US.  If you have any questions about Petroff Pianos, I am
sure he would be glad to talk with you if time permits.

Paul Revenko-Jones, RPT, is a rebuilder in Chicago, and he has put out a
great video tape about what is involved in rebuilding a piano.  This video
will be able to explain to your customers what is involved in a complete
rebuilding of a piano, and you can use this video as a tool to sell more
rebuild jobs.  The video is available from Brookside Press (publishers of
The Piano Book, by Larry Fine).

The low fee being charged is much lower than you could expect to pay for
technical training in any other line of work.  I am sure that the St. Louis
Chapter is subsidizing this seminar by a goodly amount of money.  The
registration fee will cost you about half a tuning for a full day of
training.  Even if you have to drive hard all day Friday, stay overnight in
a motel, attend the all day seminar,  stay overnight in a motel again, and
drive hard all day Sunday to get back home, I still feel that you will
learn enough at this training to make it worth your while for all of the
time off work, the cost of travel and motels and meals and the cost of the
seminar.

Where else can you meet top technicians who are willing to teach you things
that you probably won't learn on your own.  And even if you already know
everything (ha!), it is still good to get out and meet other technicians,
form friendships and relationships, and keep in touch with what is going on
in other areas.

The low cost of this training does not reflect upon the value that is
offered at this seminar.  Who can place a value on your knowledge?  The
more training you recieve, the better service you will be able to offer,
the more money you will be able to charge your customers (and still sleep
at night knowing that you are not cheating them).  You can advertise that
you  actively participate in continuing education, and your customers will
appreciate the fact that you are keeping up with all of the technical
advances.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Sincerely,
David Vanderhoofven, RPT
Joplin, Missouri
Kansas City Chapter PTG