Hearing Protection

Jory A. Olson jory@teleport.com
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:46:50 -0700

Ron Wrote:

I guess we're all still asking Dad why the sky is blue, where wind goes, and whether fish sleep. (because, down wind, only when their eyes are closed)

Jory responds:
The sky is blue due to a phenomenon called "Rayleigh Scattering"  See:  http://www.meikleautomation.com/sky~1.html for a very good explanation.  Sorry I'm on a roll and can't stop myself.  Now if I could just find out if fish sleep.....
Seriously, I'm sort of the original curious George.  I love this stuff.  My favorite question is "why".  I drive my piano technician nuts!  She's gotten pretty used to it by now, though.
My little nephew (age 3 years) asked me "How high is the sky?" the other day.  Anybody have an answer for that one?  I told him that it is as high as he can imagine and a little bit more.

Jory