whoa...continued

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:49:38 EDT

I'm sure many have stories about our interesting business.

My personal favorite happened to me when I had only been tuning (for money)
about 6 weeks.  My teacher had made me tune 100 pianos before he would let me
charge anyone.  Anyway I had just arrived home after tuning a great, big old
clunker, upright grand, with more cobwebs than felt inside, when the phone
rang.  Yes it was that client saying that after I left there was a terrible
buzzing in the piano that she had never heard before.  With all the
nervousness of a teenager on his first date, I headed back to the client's
house.  About a twenty mile drive one way,
I arrived was let into the house and noticed right away a drinking glass (real
glass) full of marbles on top of the piano lid.  She thought it was so pretty.
Naturally it made a sound like a sizzle cymbal, especially when she played
"them big old fat bass notes."  After I removed the glass, the buzz went away.
the client was very apologetic and I was so relieved I didn't even charge her
for the call.

Dick Day
Marshall MI