Sun and Pianos

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:31:12 EDT

<<
 I heard about a product which can block 99% of the sun's UV rays. Has
 anyone had experience with this? If so, would it be sufficient to protect
 the piano? I'd appreciate hearing (privately or on the list) about
 experiences members have had servicing pianos that are exposed to sun and
 ways to protect them as well. Thank you.

 Ed >>
Ed:

Yes I have recommended this to people in the same predicament.  The sheets can
be purchased (try the Brookstone Catalog) and installed by the customer, or I
understand there are companies that install.  I don't know what is available
in your area but I'd call around to find out.  I use this UV blocker on the
West windows of my home and find no noticeable furniture or rug fade  in the
areas the sun  shines quite intensely in the evening.
Hope this helps.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
South Euclid, Ohio