whoa...

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:38:59 EDT

Try a major third C2-E2 and it doesn't sound much better.  A number of years
ago I did a dealer tuning in a church, on a new Baldwin 243 Studio.  Mrs.
music expert proceeded to try it over, and when she hit close intervals like
C2-E2 she complained that they didn't sound right.  I didn't get the
impression at the time that my explanation hit pay dirt (I explained that one
didn't normally play thirds down that low because of the muddy sound).
However, that was the last complaint I have ever had from her, and she has
been an ardent supporter of mine over the past 25 years!

Bill Maxim, RPT

In a message dated 10/18/98 10:46:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,