Tuning Basic question

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:40:24 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/98 7:53:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
rmurray@mail.minerich.net writes:

<< It seems to the uneducated (like me) that you would
 set an electronic chromatic tuner, plunk each key and adjust it based
 on the instrument. >>

If Helmholz were alive today, he'd probably do it this way.

 <<Obviously this is deeply incorrect.  >>

That is only a matter of opinion.

There are people who do it the way you suggest.  I wouldn't, but the way I do
it is also considered "deeply incorrect".  I say, if it sounds good to you,
then it must be right.

Bill Bremmer, RPT
Madison, Wisconsin