SATII use

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:52:40 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/98 11:24:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
agraffes@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< The piano in question is a 1940'3 Conover Cable spinet The
 break is E3-F3 (E32-F33) F3 is plain wire. FAC reading on F3 (F5 tune,
 measure F6) is 24.3c. now the highest the FAC will accept is 20.0c >>

This is an example of the kind of "poor scaling"  that an HT will "eat".  It
might not really be so much "poor" as inevitable.  To me, getting perfectly
evenly descending 3rds has been a moot point for over 10 years.  I can create
much more palitable harmony in this section of the scale and avoid undue
harshness at the same time.

It's an example of taking that which is a problem or even a dilemma for
everyone else and finding a way to use it to your advantage in a competative
market.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin