Astin-Weight pianos

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 23:22:13 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/98 6:21:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jgrassi@silverlink.net writes:

<< Dear List,
 I have a customer who has become interested in an Astin-Weight upright.
 These are made by a tiny company in Utah, and even though it is not that far
 from here (Washington), I have only worked on 2 or 3 of them and that was
 quite a while ago.  In order to help her out and give her some intelligent
 advice, I would love any comments or caveats regarding these instruments.
 She will be visiting the factory to see them first hand, so she would like
 some honest input from technicians other than the manufacturers themselves.

 Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Jeannie

Like you, I only have worked on a few of them.  Years ago there was a dealer
who had me service them.  He is out of business now.  From what I can remember
they are a solidly built piano, Pratt Winn actions, etc.  Nice sound and tunes
very nicely.
Other than that, this is what my memory serves me.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR