tape on keys

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:10:22

At 10:13 AM 9/6/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi again...
>Y'all missed my point on tape removal......If the tape has only been on the
>keys for a relatively short time..any solvent witll take it right off, but
>if that tape has been on there for years, it becomes part of the plastic and
>has to be ground off...I know from experience!
>Dick MT

Dear Dick,

In my own experience, this simply isn't true. Did you ever try straight
citrus solvent on the ossified adhesive remnant? I've never had to grind or
sand, and the original surface wasn't ruined. The only effect, if the tape
had been on for years and years, was that the label resisted wear, and the
surface which it covered was slightly higher than the rest of the key.

(Citrasolv .... try it, you'll like it.)

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370