Scheduling customers

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 22:39:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/98 7:53:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
IgorKatz2U@AOL.COM writes:

<<
 I schedule customers 9:00, 11:00, 1:00 & 3:00 to allow time to do any extra
 work that needs to be done.  If all they need is a basic tuning then I get
 ahead of schedule & I'm early to my appointments.  Some customers seem to get
 offended if I show up early.  I could wait somewhere until the appointed time
 but this would be a waste of my time.  I'm interested in how much time the
 rest of you allow between tunings?  Thanks in advance from David Porter in
St.
 Louis, MO

I schedule according area I travel to.  If it is at least 30 minutes to my
first appt. and during rush hr. I usually schedule between 9 and 10 AM.  I
figure 2 hrs. per appt. and 30 minutes for travel.  So a typical schedule may
be: 9, 11:30, 2:30 (gotta have lunch), 5 PM (if I tune 4 regular customers).
If they are in the same general neighborhood and a shorter travel time, I may
start each appt earlier.  If you are worried about customers getting affended
(never really happens to me) call ahead.  Of if you go there anyway, ask them
if you are too early.  Usually they laugh or say no.