Schimmel

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 12:06:17 -0600

>Friends:
>
>A client of mine who is about 20 years old, and a fine pianist for his
>age, recently visited a piano retailer who sells Schimmel grand pianos.
>He was told that Schimmel pianos are far superior to either Steinway or
>Baldwin.
>
>Is this the general consensus?  I know that Schimmel pianos are very
>respected.  My opinion would be that some pianists may favor the
>Schimmel for personal reasons, but I question whether it is "better."  I
>would appreciate input from those of you who are familiar with all three
>brands.
>
>Clyde Hollinger

I happen to like them very much and I would put them low on a top ten list
of today's pianos - - BUT, I'll introduce you to a Kawai salesman who'll say
the same thing.  By the way, I know a Yamaha one who . . .  . . . and there
is this Young Chang guy who'll tell ya . . . . .

They are not on the same level as a Steinway, period.

Glenn.

"I'm not really an expert, I just play one on the Internet"