Sun and Pianos

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 15:20:01 EDT

Jeannie,

Not so with Yamaha... there is not wood under that.  It is a laminate
substance over cross grained mahogany/beech laminations, this will not expand
and will not cause cracking. (under normal to hat situations)  I have even
seen a demo of one set on fire (don't try this at home).  And it held up well.
The poly finishes by Yamaha are second to none.

Ed Tomlinson

<<
 Hi Ed,
 It was my impression that even polyester finishes could crack under extreme
 conditions.  After all, it is still wood underneath that nice plastic
 coating and would expands.....plastic cracks.