Is this an open list ?????

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:39:27 -0500

Ed,

I'm breaking my own rule and replying to you on list.  You are way off
base.  Knowledge is knowledge no matter who has it, and if a person who
knows something I don't wants to share, I am grateful.  It is very small
and shortsighted to believe that only a "piano technician" can know
everything there is to know (even about pianos).  As a matter of fact, some
of the questions I see posted here by supposedly experience techs cause me
to wonder how they ever stay in business.

100% of my income is derived from servicing, rebuilding, buying, selling,
and teaching on pianos, yet I still have a lot to learn on the subject.
Quite frequently, I have found that very useful information is provided by
smart people who don't happen to be "piano technicians".  Recently, Jory
has filled that bill.

Frank Weston