posts

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:45:37 EST

Et Al;
 I am a little confused and concerned here.....pianotech is designed to ask
questions and to share knowledge, experience, and opinions on matters
concerning piano repair....isn't it ?  The pianotech list is an open list
isn't it? Why is anyone concerned with who posts to the list when the
questions are technical in nature?
 Granted there have been some questions lately that properly should have gone
somewhere else but each ...was... asking for advice/opinion.
  I personally find that such questions are preferable to a 'bonafide' tech
posting to the list very inflammatory, snide comments and personal attacks on
other 'bonafide' techs and creating enough dissension on the list as to cause
many good techs to leave..............IF we are concerned about the list, and
we should be, than why not focus on the ill meant posts rather than the well
meant, but perhaps misaddressed posts?
 Just a thought.
Jim Bryant (FL)