Strip Mutes vs. Single Wedges

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 23:30:00 EST

In a message dated 10/26/98 4:40:43 PM Central Standard Time,
Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk writes:

<< At the end of the day it makes no difference what method you use to get
 to your final tuning.  I have tried to strip mute a grand a year or so
 ago and found the sound so alien that it put me off.  However, I would
 imagine it would be the same for someone who has used a strip method
 from the beginning, to use just one wedge.  In the UK very few use a
 strip method but I think that this is because very few use ETA's but
 that is changing. As the Collage way of teaching is fast disappearing in
 the UK and distance learning will have to be accepted which means
 accepting ETA's & strip mute. >>

Thanks so much for responding, Barrie.  You illustrated a point that I would
have wanted to make at some place within this discussion.  You have to find
what works for you.  If you are more comfortable with the practices you were
orginally taught, you may do better by staying with them.  If you are not
satisfied with what you know how to do however, you may wish to seek other
methods.

The end results in accuracy and stability are what really count.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin