Open List?/0.5 tech

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:17:08 -0600

John Ross of the Fundy persuasion,

At 07:13 10/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
responding to Ricoftherunonnames.

>I was obviously thinking that 1/2 techs. meant, not qualified. Thank you
for pointing out to me that 1/2 tech., just meant that it was someone who
did not work, the complete field. And would be 'qualified' in his/her area
of expertise.
>Regards,

Since I can only speak for myself, I will.

20 some years ago I would have probably thought that I was a well qualified
1/2 tech.  However, over the years, due to the knowledge gained by rubbing
shoulders (literally and virtually) with other techs, asking what probably
seemed to be silly questions, listening and watching as the "masters" did
their stuff, I now would say I'm about a 1/4 tech. (that helps when working
on those 1/4 grands)

i.e. - the more I learn, the more I realise there is to learn.

Re: openness-

That delete button/mouse icon does and will continue to have a important
part of my mail reading.  It only works well if the subject line is still
close to the subject matter of the thread.  We all now how far, and how
quickly these things digress.  It therefore behooves us to maintain some
semblence between the two.

Conrad Hoffsommer - hoffsoco@luther.edu

         Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) of
   Biopowered Digitally Activated Tone Generation Systems
"If you have to plug it in, or you can't watch how it works,
                I don't work on it."