"the piano tuner never shows up..."

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 06:03:42 PST

Being fairly new to this business (5 years), many of my jobs have landed
simply because other piano tuners have not "showed up for the job."  I
had a customer complain last week that Mr. "B" not only didn't show up
once but after calling him and he apologizing and making sure he'd be
there next time, he also failed to show up the second time.  The
customer was irate because he waited around and lost some hours at work.

I've heard this story from about 20 other customers too.  I've also
heard this from customers regarding other tuners.  And both tuners are
RPTs.

Why does this happen?  I think scheduling is lock stock and barrel isn't
it?
Any comment on this is greatly appreciated.

Jay Mercier   CPT
Piano Technician / Music Educator
Glenwood, MN
jaymercier@hotmail.com