Lid Replacement

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:18:00 -0400

Hi,
I had to replace one. It was also on a YC. A forklift had driven into
the lid.
I put double sided tape on the lid part of the hinge. I then centred the
lid to the proper position, the tape held the hinge in place.  To drill.
I just removed the pins and lifted the lid off.
I found it more trouble to replace the rubber bumpers. You have to be
very carefull, in drilling, so as not to shatter the polyester. Make
sure and use a bit that is a spur bit, and it is sharp. I think that is
the name of the bit.
Good luck.
Regards,
John M. Ross