Strips or wedges

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:48:27 -0700 (MST)

Hi Barrie:

If I use a single wire handled rubber mute in an upright treble area, I
will usually tune the left string first (for better stability), then the
right string, then the center string by ear to complete the unison.

For a quick touchup tuning as you mention below, I would not strip mute
the entire piano. One wedge does just fine.

Jim Coleman, Sr.