Outsiders

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:38:25 EST

In a message dated 10/27/98 8:25:32 AM Central Standard Time,
rootfamily@erols.com writes:

<< 2)  Dead horses.  Just when we thought Bill had given up his practice of
 posting HT posts on a regular basis, he starts in again.  However, he is
 capable of posting intelligent content on other topics and may yet learn
 that the letters 'HT' now get an automatic delete from many of us.

What you imply here is that HT posts should not be allowed because *no one* is
interested.  My primary interest is tuning with an emphasis on research and
development of the HT's.  When I came to the List, I expected a lot of angry
resistance.  Everyone who tunes them has the same experience: rejection,
irrational fears, hatred and bigotry displayed about something which is
unusual, different or unknown.  The only right thing I can do, in the minds of
some, if not many, is not ever mention the subject of HT's again.

HT's are not a "dead horse" in my opinion.  Even if the subject is an
unwelcome one to most readers, that is not a reason to suppress it.  There are
many subjects which come up that I have no interest in so I just delete the
post without reading it.  There is nothing personal about it.

To me, some of the people's reaction is truly self-defeating.  I have read
more than one person say that because of me, they would *never* try or listen
to an HT.  Now whose loss is that?  Do you really think that the topic will
just go away just because you personally don't like it?  Do you think that I
personally care one way or the other whether you read one or any of my posts?
Your suggestion about simply deleting posts that do not interest you has been
repeated often and is all that is really necessary.

To have to defend statements or opinions and respond to the many insults and
ridiculous accusations take up time that I could be spending answering the
many questions and requests for help understanding and practicing the HT's
that get in private posts.  Giving the details thoroughly and accurately takes
a lot of careful writing.  Before you accuse me of persisting in an issue that
is unwanted, you should take the time to choose your words more carefully.  To
me, you are doing the very things that you accuse me of doing and I should
have the right to publicly demand that it be stopped.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin