"the piano tuner never shows up..."

Garret E. Traylor traylorg@EqualTemperament.com
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:11:11 +0900

:-------------------------------------------------------------------:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of David Porritt
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 1998 12:53 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: "the piano tuner never shows up..."

Jim:

I too have many customers with the same last name - especially when it
is a common last name like your Mrs. Campbell.  Caller ID is a great
help.  It gives you the name, spelled correctly, and the correct phone
number.  I don't have one, but there are programs to take the Caller ID
information and access the person's record in your customer database and
have it on screen before you even pick up the phone.  If the customer is
new, you at least have the name spelled correctly without having to ask
several times.  I'm self conscious about asking people to repeat things
- the old "your a piano tuner and you don't hear well?"  This is
especially valuable with customers for whom English is not their first
language.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT