Filter Primer

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:00:26 -0600

Dear list,

If I remember my Eudora software correctly, you take the e-mail address of
the person you want to filter, i.e. <BobSOB@CRAB.com>, add it to your
filters list and direct any messages from that address straight to the
trash where they belong.

When we as a group choose to respond to messages from an individual who is
argumentative and abusive towards anyone with a differing opinion, we are
doing PRECISELY what that individual hopes and prays we will do - namely,
to direct attention towards himself. He then takes GREAT pleasure in
playing the victim when he is challenged.

It's a trap, folks - don't play along! Use your filters! That's why they
are in there...

If we all completely stop responding to <BobSOB@CRAB.com> or whoever the
idiot d'jour happens to be, you'll find that as his source of attention
withers away, he will wither away as well. With any luck at all!

Regards,

Tom

Tom Seay
The University of Texas at Austin