Filter Primer

Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:58:59 -0800

Tom,

At 08:00 PM 10/28/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear list,

Etc......

Thanks for bringing this back to folks attention.

The list is simply too valuable an institution to let
it get all tarred up.

Not only will Eudora filter as describe, it will also filter
as to things like: subject, incoming address, forwarding
address, and a number of user definable other variables.

Thus equipped, I can, when time permits, read through
the vast majority of the posts on the list, responding as
I feel like I want to - in glorious oblivion of the numbers
of postings from places from which I do not want to
receive postings which go directly, without passing
go, or collecting $200, to the trash - which is also
automated to empty upon exit.

Thanks again, shudathunkit myself.

Best to all.

Horace