Heavy action

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:11:42 -0500

At 03:59 PM 10/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
<snip>   But in this case I'm wondering if removing
>hammer mass wouldn't be adequate. The hammers are completely untapered,
>and there's lots of wood that could be removed. I have done this on other
>grands with good results. Is this a reasonable diagnosis? Are there
>factors I'm missing?
>Mark Graham

Hammer weight is the perfect place to start. If the friction and regulation
are fine
then trusting that the jack is not burying into the stop felt at the end of
the repetition
lever indicating possible leverage correction that should do it.

If you have a gram scale, graduate the weight also. Pianotech has David
Stanwood's
'Smart Chart' for range.selection.

I could go on and on . . .

Jon Page