Grey market pianos and squabbles.

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:18:30 -0500

At 02:00 PM 10/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Found also that there is a gap running almost the length of the plate
>flange that I can stick a business card single or folded into.
>
>Suggestions on repairs would be much appreciated.,  Wedges, MarineTex,
>West System epoxy???
>Prescott  Piano

Wedges, that way separation will not be a dilemna when it comes
time for a new block.

Make wedges of various thicknesses. When you install them, use a length
of wood as a lever and a block of wood on the keybed as a fulcrum,
then just press the wedges up into the space.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)