Grey market pianos and squabbles.

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:48:20 EST

I had the very same problem on an older G2 grand.  I sanded hammershanks down
with a one inch taper or so.  I then wedged them into the gap with some wood
glue.  I have also used small thin maple shims and hammered them up to fill
the gap with some glue.  Stability will improve imediately or something else
is wrong.

I did not wish to up and over the piano and fill with epoxie.  The cure was
recommended by a Yamaha tech and it did the trick.  You need a shim every inch
or so.

Ed Tomlinson