Please cease

David Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Thu, 29 Oct 98 22:04:39 -0600

My humble two cents worth.....I've been following this list for three
years or so , off and on since it was based at BYU. I find it depressing
to sign on after 6 mos or so away and find the same stupid clutter of
egos and name calling and, yes Carl you are right, endless strings of one
line replies that quote the entire thread to date. I've gotten some great
ideas from you all at one time or another and hope to again but I cant
deal with all the petty squabbling that is most of what I see now. As far
as equal v. historical temperaments both have their places, just as do
squares and birdcages and tangentenflugels and 1909 S&S B and M&H AA's,
there is no need to slag anyone for their taste in musical instruments or
performance practice. If we could all be a little more collegial and,
yes, adult, this could be a great place to spend some time. As for me,
I'm going to go watch a replay of Michael Owens four goals last weekend
again and forget about all of this for another six months.

Dave Doremus RPT
Algiers Piano Works, Ltd

tuning and restoration of
modern and historical