Strips or wedges

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:50:28 -0500

>>Dr. Sanderson maintained for years that it was the plate struts that are
>>compressed or decompressed during a pitch change, not the soundboard.
>>
>>THe graph that he showed proved compulsively that he was, and is,
>>correct.
>

>I'd like to see those results, and read that explanation. Who can send me
>the information? Anyone have it out there who's willing to share?
>
> Ron

Give Al a call -- its a toll free (800-FAST-440) number after all -- I'm
sure he can explain it clearly, and he probably has his notes and graphs on
file somewhere in his office. He has used "the scientific method" to find
more efficient pitchraising techniques, etc., which is a bit more advanced
than always doing things the way "the old timers" taught us.
Patrick