Pedal Leathers

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:54:52 EST

<< I would like to ask where I could get the best leather for pedals.  The
rods
 on an old 1926 "L" I am working on have created nice holes.  I have rebuilt
 the instrument and this is the last thing left to do.  Has anyone on the list
 modified the top of these rods so that the top of the rod has more surface
 area as to not wear as quick?  What glues would be best for the leather to
 cast contact?  Would love to hear some responces.

 Thanks,

 Ed Tomlinson

Ed:

If you live in or near a large city, there might be a leather whole saler who
will let you buy scraps of leather. There are several here in St. Louis, and I
bought about 10 pound of good quality leather for about $30.  It's amazing how
long 10 lbs of leather lasts.

Willem Blees