Bass strings

Dave Swartz dms2000@PIONEERPLANET.INFI.NET
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:47:03 -0500 (EST)

At 07:17 PM 10/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm also curious about strings from James Arledge.  A couple of years ago I did
>order a set from G.C. Piano but he declined to wrap to my core and wrap
>specifications so we declined to get strings from him.  The question is still
>out there . . . what about Arledge?
>
>Del

Del,

I've also been curious about James Arledge string capabilities.  I spoke
with him extensively at the Orlando show.  I use Parson's software as does
James enabling me to e-mail the data.  I had 4 sets to send his way last
week and decided to give him a try...Spoke with him last Tuesday...he's so
busy that he's put the string winding for others on hold.  He has a "one man
band" shop, rebuildings up to his neck and short on time.  I've been
"Leonard Nemoy" (In Search Of) alternative string vendors.  I haven't tried
G.C. nor A. Issac....based on stories other techs have shared, I probably
won't either.  What I can't understand is why a string maker feels the need
to make arbitrary decisions/corrections to a scale provided them printed in
black & white.  Who have you been using all these years?

Thanks

Dave Swartz