"Genuine" parts

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 13:59:17 -0400

Hi, List

This post made me remember something, I want to point out.

The easiest way also is replacing parts with original parts, but it is not
always the best.
Every one of us learns by experience alternative parts. example:In many
Yamaha upright actions, the thread on the hammer butt flange where the
hammer butt spring goes, that thread rotted away after few years, ( I donīt
know if that is wordwide or only because of Venezuelan climate) There is no
point substituting it with the original thread, I am using a nylon thread
that lasts longer. I would like to propose a forum where we could
interchange opinions about original and replacement parts that could improve
performance, and durability.

What do you think about it.

Elian Degen

> Most of us are rebuilding for maximum performance.  Much like a NASCAR
> mechanic, we want the best performance regardless of the name on the
> part.  Having "genuine" Ford parts on a racing Taurus means nothing if
> you don't win.  Having a "genuine" label on the box means nothing if the
> piano doesn't sound as good as it possibly can.

'course you realize David that NASCAR really means: go fast, turn
left

Regards

Rob Kiddell,
Registered Piano Technician, PTG