Bass strings

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:01:36 -0500

Hey guys, pardon me for being late on the string thing, but what's wrong with Dave
Johnson at Schaff?  He seems to be able to get the job done.  I have been out of the
loop on these "twisty things" for about 20 years or so.   Please let me know what
the fuss is about.  Probably something "highly tech" in the wind?  Yes?  Does anyone
try to improve on Steinway stringing scales anymore?  I used to do it all the time
but realized what I really had way back then was "too much time on my hands."

Has the re-scaling world really come full circle with computer assisted scales?  Bet
it is wonderful.  Whatever happened to Jim Donelson (SF Chapter) and his String
Tension Handbook, once so vital in the 70s?  Does anyone refer to it anymore?

Thanks for indulgine me,

Ricard de La Rosa