Strictly technical

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:29:22 -0500

Well first of all, we owe a tip of the hat to Dan Franklin for bringing us all
to the realization (though we heard it mentioned softly for years) that the
Aliquots should be tuned.  Then we need to accept the fact that they seem not
to "stay tuned" if they are moved a lot.

Then, your idea is a potentially valid one.  A little crazy glue does wonders
many times, indeed.

I suppose the bigget thing is simply to get used "to tuning them" frequently.

I must say, as far as "singing" the aliquot tuning work pays dividends.

Bye from New York....finally getting chilly, too.

Ricard

(PS:  I think the Kawai EX (maybe Yamaha CFIII, too) has little tits (what the
hell is a teat anyway?) on the bottom of the aliquots which recess into
previously positioned holes preventing unintentional movement.  As usual,
"they" do great things with existing concepts.)