Strictly technical

Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:53:41 -0800

Ricard de La Rosa wrote:

> (PS:  I think the Kawai EX (maybe Yamaha CFIII, too) has little tits (what the
> hell is a teat anyway?) on the bottom of the aliquots which recess into
> previously positioned holes preventing unintentional movement.  As usual,
> "they" do great things with existing concepts.)

These are a manufacturing expediency only.  It allows the worker to place the
pieces without the use of a secondary jig or template.  Obviously, they cannot be
moved for 'tuning.'  Unless the both the bridge and the plate are in EXACTLY the
correct position none of these segments will be even theoretically tuned.  They
won't be tuned in practice anyway due to varying amount of friction load presented
to each specific string as it renders through the bridge pins and along the top of
the bridge.

Del