Private response to Ron / Re: hammers: what kind of felt?

Lloyd W. Meyer LMeyer@compuserve.com
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 17:08:11 -0400

Ron,
I liked your response to whoever made the claim of producing felt with the
diameter of individual wool fibers decreasing across the felt sheet.
Interesting how a little common sense can often cut right through the BS.
Unfortunately, those kinds of silly threads tend to go on ad nauseam in
that forum, and I would be interested to learn how the CAUT forum you
mentioned compares to this one.  I originally subscribed to Pianotech forum
looking for good feedback on real technical issues and ways we can improve
our service, but the level of discussion has been very disappointing for
that purpose.  I monitor it now only to be able to  respond when the
misinformation directly affects our products.

Lloyd Meyer
Renner USA