Radio/SAT

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:04:57 -0400

[Lost thread reply flood -- catching up]

To Jim Coleman: Nice try Jim. Since you were there for the moment, I'm
surprised you didn't mention placing a portable radio adjacent to the Radio
Shack computer. I often did, to "hear" the processor chew on a shell sort
routine. Now that I think of it, those sorts usually lasted overnight
anyway, so I don't know why I bothered listening to that deck of cards
being shuffled.

At 10:13 PM 8/26/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Sy:
>
>You gotta be at least as bad as I am. These young guys wouldn't believe that
>we can listen to the radio and tune at the same time. My brother could do
>us one better though. He could sleep while he tuned.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.
>
>On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Sy Zabrocki wrote:
>
>> Apparently there is a healthy magnetic field emited from the Sanderson
Accu-Tuner in some modes of operation. While working on an old upright I
was listening to a battery operated radio. When it was time to tune I
placed the SAT about one foot from the radio.

>> While programing in the FAC numbers there occurred a loud static in the
radio, especially when running up the cents numbers. A static click in the
radio also happened when setting the note and octave buttons and also when
using the foot switch.

>> There was no static in the radio while tuning a note. Some kind of
interference from the SAT was affecting the radio.

>> Sy Zabrocki

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net