Sabre Saw??'s ... NOT

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 10:35:17 -0400

Remarkable. My first band saw was a discarded meat-cutter as well, found by
the roadside. After cleaning, painting, fabricating a table and several
other parts, there were still too many *important* things missing.  I never
did get it to work right. It became the proverbial Rippen low-tension
aluminum strung back, just staring back at me from the Lanai (sp?) behind
the shop. At least it looked better than it did at the side of the road.

Oooh! Just had a cold chill run down my back. Does this mean I'm starting
to understand Ron's writing, and therefore have been on the list too long?

>It all started back when the earth was young. I was cruising down an
>intermittently navigable street, through a section of town populated by a
>rather seedy compendium of temporary ,and, at times, nebulous, ethereal,
>and/or downright indistinct business endeavors, when I espied a band
>saw-like object ensconced within the arguably inexactly defined confines of
>a sort of "discard purgatory" of items presumably awaiting deliverance into
>a more permanent state of abandonment at the landfill. Sensing a potential
>serendipitous acquisitional opportunity, I hove-to in anticipation of
>inquiring within as to the availability of the sighted salvage item.
[cut]

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net
 -- someone who's been in the field too long.