Petrof

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 00:39:17 -0600

Hi Jory,
         I'm glad you are now very happy with your instrument. In the real
world neither the customer or the average dealership will spend the money
to have this type of work done. I wish it was not this way, as it would
push the standards up with in the industry, but alas this is the real world.
  You have one of a select few that can concert prep a piano, treat the
person special and you will gain the maximum from your piano for a long
time. Due to felt wearing in, and other breaking in factors, corection of
hammer line, voicing. ect. plan on a days work one year hence, also tune
the piano 3 to 4 times in the first 12months, it's money well spent.
Enjoy your piano.
Roger

>I can't figure it out.  If I was a piano technician I would view the
relative "roughness" of a Petrof to be the ultimate money making
opportunity.  Charge the customer $400 for a solid day's worth of
straightforward work (nothing exotic was done to my instrument) and bask in
the glow from the appreciative customer.

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada.