Helmholtz Resonator

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:04:00 -0400

Ric, tension resonator is what I meant -- in fact, that's what I wrote! I
have read about a Helmholtz resonator, and just don't remember it, so was
guessing about the speaker part. You'll have to dig into Dolge, if that's
the source, since my copy is... loaned out and never returned?

At 04:39 AM 9/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Jim,
>	The Helmholtz resonator, do I have to dig into Dolge?.  I can 't believe
>you are the only one who responded to my question, and unfortunatly you
>are wrong.  Sorry. : ) Its NOT the tension regulator, or resonator, or was
>that a mis-pelling?
>
>Thanks for your interest. and your reply, and your esteemed knowledge.....
>. am I repeating myself?   ?.......   ..../  ?   ?
>
>Ric McDuh
>
>----------
>> From: harvey <harvey@greenwood.net>
>> To: pianotech@ptg.org
>> Subject: Re: M&H BB harmonic
>> Date: Tuesday, September 01, 1998 2:22 PM
>>
>> [Lost thread reply flood -- catching up]
>>
>> Ric Awondering: Hmmm. Helmholtz Resonator. I think that's either a
>speaker,
>> or something requiring shots from the clinic. Perhaps you're thinking of
>> the term I *should* have used instead of "spyder" -- that is, the
>Tension
>> Resonator.
>>

>> At 12:47 AM 8/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Wasn't a Helmholtz Resonator put in some of these pianos. I have never
>> >seen one, only read about it.  Don't they resemble the shape of a
>trumpet
>> >mute?   Were they to eliminate certain resonances, or inhance them?
>> >
>> >Ric Awondering

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net