Petrof

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:23:11 +0000

I serviced a Petrof grand in one of my restaurant accounts. I
tuned it every week (great gig) for a couple of years.  I
thought it was decent sounding but eventually the pianist
requested the Hotel switch with a Kawai 6+ grand because he
liked the action better.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> From:          "Jory A. Olson" <jory@teleport.com>
> To:            "'pianotech@ptg.org'" <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Subject:       Petrof
> Date:          Tue, 1 Sep 1998 22:39:15 -0700

> I'm not a technician, but according to the technician that did the work on my Petrof she didn't do anything to my piano that she didn't normally do to the Steinway's to get them ready to be put on th> I did not buy my Petrof because it was cheaper than
 a Yamaha.  I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford either one.  I bought the Petrof because I preferred the sound of the Petrof and knew from my >
> Besides, even with the most favorable dollar to yen ratio in the past ten years a Yamaha C3 still fetches $22 - $24K.  That's a huge difference.
>
> I can't figure it out.  If I was a piano technician I would view the relative "roughness" of a Petrof to be the ultimate money making opportunity.  Charge the customer $400 for a solid day's worth of>
> I encourage you folks to keep an open mind the next time you encounter a Petrof.  Maybe they're not as horrible as you think.
>
> Jory
>
> Date:	Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:31:04 -0500
> From:	"pianoman" <pianoman@inlink.com>
> Subject:	Petrof
>
> Hi All,
> I'm a little late jumping in on this, but in my humble opinion, if a piano is going to be called a fine piano and the instrument maker wants his product to be known as a fine piano it should be a fin> R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
> St. Louis, MO.
> Competent Service since 1962
> Caster Cup Center of the Universe
> Home of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups