PTG, to join or not to join ? - Newton's reply

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@email.msn.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 06:56:18 -0400

Now Newton,

Quite a bit of your post was right on the money, but you really had to Hunt
for some disinformation, didn't you? :-)

When I joined PTG in 1983 (as a student member), we women comprised 8% of
the total population. When I upgraded to RTT in 1984, we women were still at
8%. When PTG changed its membership categories in 1986, I think we had
finally reached 9% of the total population. (BTW, I was one of those who
radicals who spoke ad nauseam in that '86 Council _against_ changing our
categories.)

I sure am glad to learn that 9% of the total PTG population was so powerful
that we were able to change the minds of the other 91% males. (Well, I guess
it wasn't quite 9% of the total female population, since I and many of my
female friends were also against changing that status.)

Do you think that since we women have now reached 10% of the PTG population,
we'll be successful in changing our categories back to something more
reasonable?

Hugs,

Gina

Gina Carter