STRING TENSION

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@calcna.ab.ca
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 05:23:08 -0600 (MDT)

	Dick,

	Gordon Large has already nailed this question with an excellent
answer. I just go by what I've been told. I usually tell the customer,
"About 20 tons." I often go on to tell them that that is enough to lift
the average house right off of its foundation.
	I understand that there is quite a bit of variation probably from
about 19 tons to over the 20 mark.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta